Saturday, January 4, 2014

Questions and Speriments



So I got this thing a while back at Goodwill for 5 or 6 dollars. I have no fucking idea what it is.
I thought it to be a juicer and either it really sucks as a juicer or it is not one at all. I although thought it might be some shitty sausage making tool. Maybe a spaetzle maker?
I have no clue.






I got a new mandoline this week. The OXO i got about 6 months ago when City Kitchens went out of business sucks. So I wanted a Benriner. I ordered one on Ebay and ended up with a Taiwanese mando which is almost identical but about an inch or so narrower. Still works well and has all sorts of Engrish on the box.

I decided to see what potatoes would be on the finest serrated blade. They make a nice micro hash-brown. They glue themselves together a bit so I will try oiling them before frying to see if they can stay separate. 




Lastly got some purple cauliflower and made soup with it. Sauteed corn in herb butter. 





No comments:

Post a Comment