Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Xgiving Shit

SANS PHOTOS

highlights

Turkey Roulades *done with the drumstick which was a sinu nightmare. Filled with kale and chevre.

Soft Pretzel Bread Pudding/Stuffing - Mustard Custard to coat the Pretzel. Mirepoix and Walnuts.

Turkey 1.
Brined and roasted whole.
 Steamed first and then in the oven for a couple of hours. Did not take long at all.

Turkey 2. Gifted to me from my Chef.

Carved off the boobs and legs.

Made stock out of the carcass and neck. I skimmed really well and cooked it down pretty far. Nice gold color and really clear. I was going to clarify into consomme but its pretty much there already.

Turkey sandos this week.

The bag of innards was good.

I will try and see if I can source Turkey liver. Its pretty decent size and fucking delicious seared in butter flour and whiskey. A little mustard into the jus.

Ok back to being ignored in real life.




1 comment: